LatinX Programs Coordinator
Join the NAMI SMC Team!
FMLA Status: Non-exempt – Hourly
Reports to: Education & Volunteer Director
Hours per week: 40 Hours per week
Rev Date: 9/2023
The LatinX Programs Coordinator is a full-time position that oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the specialized LatinX programming including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The LatinX Programs Coordinator performs a wide range of duties including but not limited to the following:
- Planning the program
- Interview and qualify all potential teachers/presenters/support group leaders
- Confirm availability of the aforementioned personnel
- Copy all materials and additional handouts for presentations
- Prepare to show videos
- Set-up/coordinate support groups/presentations
- Program Management
- Develop monthly/yearly program and support group calendars
- Collect and maintain information on the presenters of each program for NAMI’s records
- Order and organize all program materials and manuals
- Maintain the current presenter list including substitutes
- Maintain, update, and enhance all program materials (hard and electronic)
- Review extra handouts for dated material
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization
- Report evaluation findings and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate
- Write a compilation of responses from the evaluations, scan evaluations, and upload them to Box
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to NAMI CA according to the established timelines
- Provide required information within the designated deadline to NAMI CA
Qualifications: Must have a minimum of three years of experience in the nonprofit industry; program support/coordination, proven ability to manage peers is a plus; any peer certifications will be considered; public speaking experience preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Fluency in Spanish and English is a must.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of client groups and/or issues related to the program area
Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and Zoom
- Shared Drives
- Web-based services
- Knowledge of NAMI San Mateo
- Familiarity with all mental health resources available to individuals with lived experience and their families
- Familiarity with the LatinX culture
- Computer skills to create and maintain records
Demonstrates competence in some or all of the following:
- Building Relationships: Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicating Effectively: Speaks, listens, and writes in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the operations of the program
- Fostering Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Leading: Positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Solves Problems: Assesses problem situations to identify causes; gathers and processes relevant information; generates possible solutions, and makes recommendations and/or resolves the problem
Hybrid work status. Two to three days per week in the San Mateo office.
Compensation and Start Date:
This full-time position offers a competitive hourly rate in the range of $25 to $27 commensurate with experience, flexible work hours, collaborative work environment, and a benefits package that includes vacation, health insurance, retirement plan with match, and other benefits. The position is open immediately.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Qualified applicants only. Principals only.