Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. NAMI San Mateo appreciates the hard work and commitment from everybody who donates their time to help us continue our effort in helping those affected by mental illness.
Please fill out the volunteer application form below and we will get back to you within the next couple of days.
You can also call us at 650-638-0800 for more information.
NAMI SMC began from a group of parents who had to take matters into their own hands to get the help and treatment for their children. Throughout its history, volunteers have been at the core of NAMI SMC and its mission – this continues to be true today. NAMI SMC is thriving today due to the countless hours of volunteers, past and present.
Based on my previous role as Volunteer Coordinator and Long-Term Care Ombudsman, I know the importance of the role of a Volunteer Coordinator. We are seeking a people person who is enthusiastic with great communication and Excel skills. As we build our infrastructure and capacity, we hope to convert this to a paid position.
Please consider the following opportunities of service to give back. Below are brief job descriptions. Email email@example.com for additional information.
- Volunteer Coordinator – primary responsibilities include: oversee the volunteers, ensuring they are feeling supported and they have the resources they need to perform their roles; develop an ongoing strategy to acknowledge and recognize all volunteers; plan and conduct an annual volunteer recognition event; and maintain the volunteer roster. This can be shared by a few individuals.
- Fund Development – we will be recruiting for a Development Manager but can use assistance on our fundraising events and activities. A detailed job description will be posted by the end of January.
- Warmline – individuals with good listening skills and an empathetic ear to answer calls which may include offering our education classes and support groups; providing resources available in the community; directing them
- SurveyMonkey Survey developer – with guidance from Twila, develop online satisfaction surveys for our programs and recognition/acknowledgement surveys, to name a few.
- Zoom Producer – with our classes and support groups going online, we need individuals comfortable with Zoom to assist the Program Leaders by managing the Chat Room and other technical duties.
Benefits of volunteering: 4 ways to feel healthier and happier
- Volunteering connects you to others.
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
- Volunteering can advance your career.
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
For details on each Benefit, click below: