Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. NAMI San Mateo appreciates the hard work and commitment from everybody who donates their time to help us continue our effort in helping those affected by mental illness.
Please fill out the volunteer application form below and we will get back to you within the next couple of days.
You can also call us at 650-638-0800 for more information.
We have a range of opportunities where having a volunteer to help us would make a significant difference. Opportunities include answering the Warm Line; preparing materials for a class; staffing a resource table at a Health Fair or being the NAMI presence at vital local county meetings, and more – all support is gratefully received and helps us expand out outreach and increase our offerings into the community.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR NEEDED:
While working with the office and board members, our computer savvy coordinator will:
- Prepare projects as needed for office volunteers to work on
- Maintain updated lists of current volunteers along with their interests, skills and availability
- Support program teachers with volunteers for preparation of class materials
- Provide new volunteer contact information to various coordinators
- Support Special Events by recruiting volunteers for General Meetings, health fair/outreach events and the NAMI Walk
- Assess individual skill levels and interests and tailor them to appropriate jobs.
To volunteer or for more information on volunteering, please call the office 650-638-0800, or email us nami@namisanmateo, and let us know what you like to do. I am confident we can find a volunteer opportunity that matches your interests and skills. Thank you, we look forward to connecting with you.