- This event has passed.
NAMIWalks San Mateo County 2020! Walk Day Video!
Oct 10, 2020 @ 12:00 am - Oct 18, 2020 @ 11:59 pm
Our WALK Day Video is full of love & surprises!
NAMIWalks SMC 2020 Honorary Chair, Congresswoman Jackie Speier.
Video will include encouraging words and stories from the NAMI SMC community and from local leaders, including welcoming remarks from NAMIWalks SMC 2020 Honorary Chair, Congresswoman Jackie Speier
The video will remain posted throughout October. NAMIWALKS SAN MATEO COUNTY
100% of the funds stay local.
Please contact us with any questions at email@example.com
Thank you for all the thoughtful support!
Your NAMI San Mateo County Team
Did you hear NAMI San Mateo has OUR own virtual NAMIWalks event this
As you know, advocacy is more vital than ever and NAMI’s FREE programs
and services are a critical part of the response to the current situation.
To help fund our services during these important times, on October 10th, our
NAMI family will be joined by San Mateo County residents, local
businesses and organizations for our very own virtual NAMIWalks San
Mateo County to raise $40,000.
Here are 4 ways you can help Now:
1. START A TEAM and BE A CAPTAIN – Create a team with your family, friends or organization. OR Register as an individual participant – Both are free to sign up for!
2. Become a Sponsor
3. Join our Walk Day Celebration Livestream – Host a yoga session, a
meditation session, a healthy eating cooking demo, an art workshop
or even discuss a mental health topic you’re an expert on. If
interested or if you have an idea for a session, email us at
What is a virtual walk you ask?
Here is NAMIWalks San Mateo County
* NAMI San Mateo Family and Friends
* San Mateo County residents
* San Mateo County local businesses
* San Mateo County organizations
* Livestream mental health activities, discussions and information
* Walk Your Way – Walk in your neighborhood, at the park or on the
treadmill OR practice self-care with a favorite hobby
* Virtually (your home, local trails or anywhere you would like)
* Saturday, October 10 at anytime
* To Promote Awareness of mental health and reduce stigma by
sharing stories and walking together
* To Raise Funds for NAMI’s mission of advocacy, education, support
and public awareness
* To Build Community and let people know they are not alone
Want even more info on the virtual walk? Check out our Guidebook!
Funds stay local. The awareness is felt globally.
Saturday, October 10, 2020
All Day! Virtually!